Your lifestyle will have a significant impact on your health as well as on the span of your life itself. You will have to make proper lifestyle choices and personal decisions. Making the right personal decisions is important for maintaining a proper lifestyle. In most of the instances, it is seen that women usually are negligent about their food choice and eating habits and especially do not have a proper time for taking their meals.
This is primarily due to the biological and hormonal configuration that enables them to suppress their appetite much longer than men. However, this may help them to complete their pending job on time but in the long run, it will affect their health and thereby their productivity.
Ideally, it is said that ‘You are what you eat.’
- This means that if you eat well it is more likely that you will have a healthier body and mind.
- On the other hand, if you choose to have junk food and discard fresh vegetables then it is highly likely that you will spend a lot of money on your medical expenses.
Of course, it is true that your food choice is a personal decision but it is very important that you make it right, always and every time. However, food is not the only lifestyle choice that you will need to make. It is also your behavior that you need to consider as that will influence your health and overall well-being.
Therefore, if you want to live healthy and happy, you will need to think far beyond the precincts of your dietary choices.
Your lifestyle choice will involve everything from your food to your clothes, the car you drive or the watch that you wear, the shoes or your underwear even. You will be able to make right choices by looking at the products and sometimes referring to different charts such as the bra size calculator inches but when it comes to making a lifestyle choice, it will involve your personal preference and a lot of control and will power.
- For example, if you are a heavy drinker you will need to reduce your amount to two to three units only and this needs a lot of will power to do so.
- If you are a smoker you will have to quit it and everyone is aware of the fact that it too needs a lot of will power.
Most people have heard about lifestyle choices but maybe outside the actual meaning of it. Literally, a lifestyle choice will involve both personal and conscious decision. This involves performing a behavior. This may either increase or decrease the risk of any disease or injury.
You may have already made a few lifestyle choices but it is less likely that it is a positive one.
- For example, the habit of exercising every morning by walking or riding your bicycle, it is surely a positive lifestyle choice. This will increase your physical wellness and health.
- Another example of a positive lifestyle choice is if you do not choose to drink alcohol. This will then mean that you choose to prevent any serious potential consequences that may involve damage to your liver due to over drinking or facing a car crash while drunk driving.
All these are all active lifestyle choices that will benefit your life, health, and overall wellbeing.
Bad lifestyle factors
You will need to know the factors that result in a bad lifestyle in order to make the right lifestyle choice. There are several choices that will harm you.
- Take alcohol consumption for example which may lead to diseases and even deaths if you drink excess at the wrong time or
- If you smoke you increase your chances of cancer and that does not involve only lung cancer.
There are also a few other risky or bad lifestyle choices and factors such as the use of firearms, unprotected sex, and drug abuse.
Obesity is another one of the most important lifestyle factors that may lead to premature death. Obesity is the result of:
- Improper diet
- Exercise or
- Any underlying and uncontrolled disease processes.
Obesity can cause arthritis, heart disease, diabetes and more. All these will lead to a very painful condition that will often lead to a lifespan that is shorter than usual.
Prevention is better than cure
There are several risk factors that may not have dire consequences like killing you or causing an irreversible injury. However, these can have slow effects and cause chronic pain or damage. Chronic damages are those that occur over a long period of time and happen over and over again. The good thing, if at all, of it is that you can still find a way to help:
- Your health
- Your mind and
- Your body.
All you have to do is stop your bad lifestyle choice immediately.
Making healthy lifestyle choices
You will need to make one change at a time though it is true that you will have more than one. Do not be impulsive but follow the common trait behavior that is called future discounting. This is the state when you may be inclined to opt for immediate gratification rather than better and bigger future rewards. The key is to gain more self-control following a few specific tips and tricks.
You will need to learn from the past you to form new habits and make better lifestyle choices. This will minimize the chances of future discounting. If you suffered from a specific ailment just because you ate too much of sugary of junk food, you should take a lesson and give it up to replace it with healthier food items and follow a more strategic diet plan.
You must trick the current you as well so that you can reduce any delay in taking any future decisions. Lastly, you should consider the future you which most people forget.
Therefore, follow the basic mantra to make your lifestyle choices: visualize your future, alter your present and take a cue from your past to stay healthy for good!