Do you regularly wake up feeling tired, groggy, dazed and grumpy? If so, you’re certainly not alone. Many people wake up feeling exhausted and even confused, leading to a negative mood in the morning that can then hang over the entire day. If you’re frustrated with this pattern and you’re ready to start waking up feeling fully energized and refreshed, you may be wondering whether adopting new habits or going on a digestive system cleanse would help. Before you embark on your new sleep journey, it’s important to understand why you may be waking up tired and what you can realistically do to boost your morning energy levels.
Why Are You Waking Up Groggy?
If you’ve attempted to use Detoxify before to wake up feeling better, you may be wondering what causes morning grogginess to begin with. Unfortunately, many people experience a foggy, dazed feeling in the morning for a number of reasons. If you’re constantly waking up feeling groggy and out of it:
• You may be experiencing sleep inertia, or sleep drunkenness, wherein the first 15 to 60 minutes after waking up feel disorienting and confusing
• You may be disrupting your natural sleep cycle by drinking too much caffeine during the day or failing to stay on a regular sleep schedule
• You may be getting too much blue light exposure from screens before bedtime, which can suppress your body’s natural secretion of melatonin, the sleep hormone
• Your sleep environment may not be conducive to good rest, especially if you have a poor mattress, your room is too brightly lit or too warm or you don’t have a peaceful, quiet place to sleep
Best Ways to Boost Energy in the Morning
Fortunately, even if you’ve been experiencing morning grogginess for a long time, you can adopt new habits and start feeling more energetic when the morning rolls around. Boosting your morning energy levels could be as simple as making a few changes. Make sure you:
• Avoid hitting the snooze button at all costs and instead set your alarm for a realistic time when you can simply wake up without further interrupting your sleep
• Keep your alarm clock across the room so you’ll have to get up and walk over to turn it off, thus kick-starting your morning
• Prepare a delicious breakfast the night before to support yournew roots energy cleanse and put it in the fridge so you’ll have something yummy to look forward to every day
• Try getting to bed earlier than usual and allow for at least eight or more full hours of deep sleep
• Avoid watching television or eating big meals right before bed to prevent sleep disruption
• Get fully relaxed before bed by making your room a peaceful oasis
• Take a quick cold shower in the morning to help jolt you awake
If you frequently feel fatigued after waking up in the morning, you’re not alone. Fortunately, you can turn that pattern around and start waking up refreshed by adopting a slew of healthy new habits. Now that you know why you may be waking up feeling groggy, you can change your approach to sleep and wake up feeling fully energized.