Medical science has progressed manifold today! And that gave people the chance to reap the benefits of plastic and cosmetic surgery as and when they need it. Previously, it was only the showbiz models and stars who opted in for cosmetic surgery. Today, others can also opt-in for it if they have a medical requirement.
People often use the terms plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery interchangeably! The truth is both these surgeries have different purposes. Also, it gets performed by different surgeons as well. To know more about this, you can check out WC Ong Cosmetic Surgery. Some of the primary differences are listed below:
The focus points of cosmetic surgery
The main objective of cosmetic surgery is to improve a person’s look and appearance. There is aesthetics involved here. Also the techniques and processes devoted to attaining this outcome. The goal here is to enhance the aesthetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion of the face or any other body part that needs some medical work done. However,You can opt-in for cosmetic surgery for your entire body, which comprises of neck and head as well. It’s a choice that the patient makes once he/she get in touch with an expert cosmetic surgeon.
The essential procedures in cosmetic surgery are:
- Breast enhancement that includes breast lift or reduction, and enlargement.
- Body contouring that includes tummy tucking, liposuction, and gynecomastia treatment.
- Facial rejuvenation, which includes the neck lift, face lift, eyelid lift and brow lift.
- Facial contouring that comprises of rhinoplasty, chin surgery, and cheek enhancement.
- Skin rejuvenation which includes laser surfacing, filler treatment and Botox.
The focus points of plastic surgery
Plastic surgery is all about correcting facial and body defects. These defects could have occurred because of an accident or been a part of the body since birth. Sometimes, the surgery is essential because it helps to restore the normal body functions. Sometimes, the body parts get affected because of trauma, disease, after-effects of treatment, burns or any other issues at the time of childbirth. similarly,The ultimate objective of plastic surgery is to reconstruct the defected body part and cure any dysfunctional aspect about it. Also,Plastic surgeons work to restore the body part to normalcy.
Some of the popular plastic surgery procedures are:
- Hand surgery.
- Breast reconstruction surgery, which involves either breast reduction or enhancement after mastectomy.
- Burn repair surgery.
- Scar revision surgery
- Reconstruction surgery for the lower extremities.
- Repair of the congenital defects, which comprises of the repair and reconstruction of the cleft palate.
In conclusion, Both cosmetic and plastic surgery gets performed on the patient’s body! The difference is that of the situation that leads to it. Most often than not, cosmetic surgery is out of the free will of the patient to make the desired body and facial changes. On the other hand, plastic surgery is more restorative and helps to correct and existing bodily defect in the patient. However, in both situations, the patients must get in touch with an expert surgeon. The surgeon should have the necessary experience to perform the surgery without any problems successfully.