Tarps are mostly divided into various types on basis of their intended purpose and construction material. Learning about the types of tarps is important as that will make your choice a lot easier. So, without wasting time, let’s get on with the options so that you can make way for the best one in town.
The idea behind mesh tarp:
Mesh tarps are mostly constructed using breathable materials, which will allow the passage of air, sunlight and moisture. These tarps will have grommets at edges, which will help you to just tie them down. Mesh tarps will have doubled stitched and available in multiple sizes and colors.
- The main goal of mesh tarpaulin is that it can block some UV rays. The vinyl coated ones will not block more than 55% of the sun rays.
- On the other hand, you have polyester mesh tarps, which can block as much as 90% of the sun rays.
- The most protection that you can get from using tarps from sun rays will be the polypropylene mesh tarps. It will block as much as 95% of the sun’s UV rays.
These mesh tarps are mostly constructed in such a manner that it will have small holes between fabric threads. But, they have lower wind resistance when compared to other tarp types.
If you are looking for a tarp option which is robust and heavy, then the canvas tarp will be the one to watch out for. It will have a wax coat to establish water-resistant layer. These tarps are in need of periodic recoating for maintaining the same water resisting feature intact.
- These tarps are constructed using breathable materials, which will allow air to pass through individual fibers.
- These tarps are available in either treated or the untreated section. The treated tarps will offer water, mildew and UV protection. On the other hand, the untreated ones will not offer complete waterproofing.
- These tarps will offer great covers for outdoor items. They are dyed using specific dye to make them water repellant in nature.
Poly tarps for the rescue:
As you can understand pretty much from the name itself, poly tarps are made using polyethylene. It is one kind of plastic material and made using higher density foams or the lower density ones. Poly tarps, which are lighter in weight, will have lower poly coat and lower mesh count.
- The high quality poly tarp is a pretty heavy in weight and has more poly coating and higher mesh-count.
- Then you have the light duty one, which is designed to cover items for shorter time span. But for the longer coverage plan, the heavy duty tarps will be the one to watch out for.
- These tarps are ideal for covering materials placed outdoor in hot weather. Made using premium quality materials, they are designed to last for a long time.
So, if you are looking for the best tarps in here, be sure to check out these three options. You will be shocked with the other variations available.